By using our website and/or services, you give your consent that all personal data you submit may be processed in the manner and for the purposes described below.
1. What personal information does Starbit collect?
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide when contacting us. We store your contact information for the duration of our correspondence, which includes:
- Email address
- Phone number
Any information that you provide to us must be complete and accurate, and it will be your responsibility to notify us of any changes to such personal information. We will also collect anonymous information stored in cookies (see point 4).
We do not knowingly collect data from children under 13 years of age. By using this site you agree that you are at least 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected information from a minor then we will take all reasonable measures to delete such information from our records.
2. Why does Starbit collect personal information?
When you contact us via the contact form on our website, we use positive opt-in consent to collect your personal information for our legitimate business interests and/or compliance with our legal obligations. The specific reasons we collect information are outlined below:
- To help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
- To provide customer care;
- To carry out marketing and statistical analysis;
- To notify you about changes to our website and services;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
3. With whom is the information shared?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties where necessary for our continued services or to comply with legal obligations:
- Any service providers of Starbit to deliver specific services to you;
- Any associated companies who are our business partners and/or with whom we work;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose our customers data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, subject to their entering into appropriate confidentiality undertakings. Any users who are affected by this will be informed in advance;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the safety of Starbit, our customers, or others. This includes, but is not limited to, exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction, and dispute policies.
5. Use of Google Maps
By using our Maps API implementation, you agree to be bound by Google’s terms of service.
6. Storage of your personal data
We store personal data from contact form enquiries both in our email software provided by Google and on our web servers, which are provided by a third-party hosting company within Europe. Various measures are in place to protect these web servers from malicious attack or unauthorised access, including anti-virus software, firewall and encrypted connections.
Although we do our best to protect your personal information, the internet is not 100% secure and any information you submit could still be intercepted in transmission if your network connection or IT equipment are not properly secured. You should only access our services within a secure environment.
7. Updating your personal data
We take reasonable action to ensure that customer information is up to date, however if you would like to update your personal information with us, or to be removed completely from our systems you can get in touch with us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to oblige with any requests you may have.
8. Your rights
You have the right to access any personal information that we currently hold about you at anytime via email@example.com.
10. Contact us
Please email any questions or comments you have about privacy or data protection to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.