We're now on the lookout for an experienced operations assistant to join us in our continuing mission to build the best websites and web applications in the known universe. Anyone coming aboard must be truly passionate about digital innovation and be fearless in pushing a business forwards in terms of strategy and day-to-day activities.
Aptitude with numbers (the financial kind), a habit of constantly refining processes, and a desire to keep ahead of the curve are all must have qualities. You'll also need to be highly organised and methodical, handling parts of multiple projects in parallel, without succumbing to space fever. Working alongside the whole team will be a critical part of your mission brief, as will daily client interaction, so a professional, positive attitude, and excellent communication skills are non-negotiable.
You'll be on a fast-track to launch, with some intensive training in the first few weeks allowing you to rapidly help out with several key aspects of the business. There'll be a lot to get your head around, but we won't leave you to float around in a zero-G environment - you’ll be supported by a friendly, open-minded team and will have instant access to our detailed documentation and cutting-edge tools.
As a minimum you’ll be expected to have:
- A degree in a creative or business focussed subject (design, management, marketing etc);
- Worked in a similar role supporting senior management;
- Experience of managing projects with challenging deadlines;
- Flawless writing ability and confident presentation skills (reports, proposals, contracts, internal documentation);
- A general understanding of how websites and apps are put together and lots of experience in using them day-to-day;
- An interest in digital design, particularly in how brands communicate and connect with their customers via their websites.
Ideally, you will also have previously:
- Supported a team comprised of multiple specialisms;
- Worked directly with clients in an agency context and been involved in face-to-face meetings;
- Contributed to the overall delivery of website or software projects;
- Gained experience with using cloud-based project management and accounting tools;
- Gained experience with editing content on popular content management systems (Drupal/WordPress);
- Contributed to an overall marketing strategy for an SME.
The role will be either full-time (37.5 hours per week), or part-time (at least 18.75 hours per week) and primarily based in our awesome Edinburgh spacebase, which comprises the top floor of the former nautical college (with its own roof terrace and star-gazing dome), slap bang in the middle of Leith’s vibrant creative scene.
The company offers a range of great benefits including truly flexible working hours, generous paid holiday allowance (33 to start and increasing annually), matched contribution pension scheme, cycle scheme, provision for attending events/training, and an employee share/bonus scheme.
Following completion of a probationary period, the option to work from home on a regular basis will also be available (as long as home is within realistic commuting distance of our Edinburgh office), with all necessary equipment provided (including an allowance for home office furnishing and decoration).
In order to apply for the role, send your CV and a detailed covering letter, explaining why you think you'd be perfect for the role, to: email@example.com.
Please note that successful applicants will be invited to an interview and subsequent trial day, at least one of which must be attended in person.
Expected start date: October - November 2021. Closing date for applications: Thursday 30th September 2021 at 17:30 GMT.