Junior Full Stack PHP Developer
We're now on the lookout for an ambitious junior/graduate developer who is passionate about digital innovation. A meticulous eye for detail, a love of processes, a loathing for bad code and a sense of humour are all must-haves. The role will involve building best-in-class fully custom designed websites, often incorporating complex functionality. You'll receive structured training over an initial two year period, but you'll be expected to pick things up quickly and to be making a significant contribution to a diverse range of exciting and challenging projects within a few months. Working as a key part of a friendly, open-minded team, you’ll be closely supported by our technical director.
As a minimum you’ll be expected to have:
- A degree in Web Technologies or a related field (or a comparable level of work experience);
- Experience using MySQL databases;
- An interest in web development extending beyond your academic studies;
- An enthusiasm for learning and a commitment to evolving your skills on a daily basis.
Ideally, you will also have previously:
- Worked in a team;
- Worked on complex web applications;
- Worked according to UX best practice;
- Gained experience with using Git;
- Gained experience with configuring and customising Drupal and/or WordPress;
- Undertaken a work placement in a similar commercial environment;
- Installed and managed sites on a Linux-based server.
The role will be full-time and based in our awesome Edinburgh office, slap bang in the middle of Leith’s vibrant creative scene. The contract offered will be permanent with a salary of between £20,500 and £24,500.
On top of this, the company offers a range of great benefits including flexible working hours, generous paid holiday allowance, pension scheme, cycle scheme, provision for attending events, and an employee share scheme.
In order to apply for the role, send your CV and some portfolio examples in a single PDF or URL to: email@example.com.
Please note that there will be a two stage interview process including a trial day, both of which must be attended in person. For the avoidance of doubt, this is not a remote working opportunity and we do not accept applications from recruitment agencies.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 24th October 2019 at 17:30 GMT.