Join the team
We are looking for an ambitious full-stack developer who is enthused by the possibilities of working in a small, dynamic, innovation-focussed team.
The right person will have:
- A degree in Web Technologies or a related field (or a comparable level of work experience)
- Strong PHP development skills
- Experience with configuring and customising open-source frameworks and content management systems (Drupal, Laravel, WordPress)
- Experience using MySQL databases
- Experience with using Git
Ideally, you will also have previously:
- Worked in a team
- Worked on complex web applications
- Worked according to UX best practice
- Gained experience in a similar commercial role
- Gained experience with Object Oriented Programming
- Installed and managed sites on a Linux-based server
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to a diverse range of exciting client and in-house projects, supported by our lead developer and design team.
We are ideally looking for someone who can work full-time (35 hours, Mon-Fri) but we will consider strong candidates for part-time work (no less than 18 hours over 3 days, Mon-Fri). The position will be based at our office in Edinburgh and initially offered on a fixed term basis. After the initial fixed term and assuming satisfactory performance, an extension or permanent contract will be offered. For the right person, rapid career advancement options are available.
The company offers a range of great benefits including flexible working hours, generous paid holiday allowance, share scheme, cycle scheme and twice yearly performance-related bonuses. We also have a great set-up at the Creative Exchange, a fantastic co-working environment at the heart of Leith’s vibrant creative scene. Salary will be negotiable depending upon experience.
Please email your CV and portfolio examples in a single PDF or URL to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 14th February 2017 @ 5pm.